Mazda Canada Inc. is proud to support the mobility needs of drivers and passengers with physical disabilities, with assistance toward the purchase and installation of adaptive driving aids or mobility assistance equipment.
Mazda Canada Inc. will provide up to $750 (including GST) towards the purchase and installation of adaptive driving aids or mobility assistance equipment on all eligible Mazda vehicles. Adaptive driving or passenger equipment includes wheelchair or other lift equipment, hand or other driving controls. Purchase and installation of equipment which costs less than the maximum $750 will be paid at the actual costs. Purchase and installation of equipment exceeding $750 will be paid a maximum of $750.
This program applies to all new and unused Mazda vehicles.
Mazda Canada Inc. (MCI) will provide up to $750.00 (includes GST) towards the purchase and installation of adaptive driving aids or mobility assistance equipment on all eligible Mazda vehicles.
Adaptive driving or passenger equipment includes wheelchair or other lift equipment, hand or other driving controls.
Purchase and installation of equipment that costs less than the maximum $750.00 will be paid at the actual costs. Purchase and installation of equipment exceeding $750.00 will be paid a maximum of $750.00.
- Determine your Province's or Territory's Driver's License requirements regarding the use of mobility equipment.
- Evaluate your needs in conjunction with your medical service provider.
- Choose a qualified mobile equipment installer.
- Only the original owner of the vehicle is eligible.
- Modifications and equipment installation must be completed for the original owner or their immediate family.
- There will be only one re-imbursement request per vehicle.
To qualify for payment, the purchaser/lessee must complete the "Mobility Assistance Claim Form" and forward it, along with required documentation, to :
Mazda Canada Inc.
Mazda Mobility Assistance Program
55 Vogell Road
Richmond Hill, ON
All payments will be made directly to the retail purchaser or lessee. To be eligible for payment, the "Mobility Assistance Claim Form" must be received within three (3) months from date of purchase.
Complete the "Mazda Mobility Assistance Claim Form" and submit to Mazda Canada Inc. along with the following documents:
- A legible copy, from an authorized Mazda dealer, of a signed Bill of Sale or Lease Agreement for a new, unused Mazda vehicle;
- A legible copy of the vehicle ownership certificate;
- A legible copy of the paid invoice(s) for the adaptive driving aids/mobility assistance equipment installed on the purchased vehicle by a qualified installation provide, and;
- A copy of the physician's statement identifying the specific reason(s) for mobility assistance.
Mazda Canada Inc. does not recognize the below items as adaptive driving aids or mobility assistance equipment:
- All accessories (i.e. side step tubes)
- Automatic transmission
- Heated seats
- Any mobility equipment that is not permanently affixed to the vehicle
- Any other equipment that, in the opinion of Mazda Canada Inc., does not meet the requirements of the Mazda Mobility Assistance Program.
The customer is solely responsible for the selection of both the mobility equipment manufacturer and installer. Mazda Canada Inc. or its Dealers bears no responsibility for the warranty of the mobility equipment and installation. In the Province of Quebec, a legislative requirement stipulates that individuals must see a driver rehabilitation specialist for a driver assessment before having a vehicle modified.